What makes a strong password ?
- It should be more than 8 characters
- It should contain alphabets, numbers and special characters like @#$%^&
- Use capital as well as small letters
- Do not use dictionary words or common words like 123, password, pass, your birth date, your name, etc
- Do not use same password for all your logins. Use a base word to help you remember your password but the password should not be exactly same.
How to create a password that is strong and easy to remember :
- Choose a base word lets say I choose I hate pass
- Now add some capital letters I Hate Pass
Make the 1st letter of every word capital.
- Add special characters I@Hate$Pass
Replace the spaces with special characters.
- Add some numbers I9@Hate8$Pass16
Add the the number of character in alphabets of 1st letter of each word at the end of word. Like here I is the 9th letter in alphabets so I added 9 after I similarly 8 for H and 16 for P.
- That’s it ! You have a strong password ready. Not you can modify the pattern slightly to use the same base word multiple times. For eg : while adding the number in the 4th step take the value of the last character in the word like 5 for E from Hate and 19 for S from Pass.