Concrete5 is a CMS made for Marketing but built for Geeks. When your website is built with concrete5, you can easily change content right from your web browser. When you see something you want to change, simply click edit and make your changes. It’s that easy! SEO is a breeze! Simply add meta data to any page or image live right in your browser. Get started with Concrete5 by installing it with one click via Softaculous.
1. Edit Mode
See a typo you want to fix? Put the page in edit mode and start changing content right there! Changing around basic content and functionality with concrete5 is simple.
- Login to the CMS. This url will always get you to a login page: yoursite.com/index.php/login
- Go to the page where you want to make an edit, just as you normally would.
- To start making changes to your page, click Edit in the editing toolbar.
- Once you are finished with making the changes click on the Editing button, you now have 3 options i.e. Discard, Preview, Publish.
- Preview your changes and once you have the page looking the way you like, click Publish.
2. Add Functionality
Need some interactive functionality like a survey or guestbook? You can add a new block to any page. The Form Block gives you a fast way to make forms. All data can be found collected by the form can be accessed in the Dashboard.
How to Customize your form :
- The Add tab allows you to add questions.
- Edit tab allows you to change your questions or the order they are presented in. You can change the order with the up and down arrows.
- Preview tab allows you to see how the form with look.
- The Options tab adds contains some additional choices.
- You can see all the results of your forms in the Dashboard. Just type “form” into intelligent search.
3. Add a Page
Wondering how to get a new item in that main navigation? Simply add a page. With concrete5, your whole site is organized in a tree. You can see what your site’s architecture looks like by going to the Dashboard > Sitemap
To add a new page to your site :
- Pick where you want it to live. If, for example, you want to make a new page in the About area, you should first navigate to the About page and then roll over the edit button and click “Add a Sub Page”.
- Choose your Page Type
- Select a Page Type that includes the editable areas you want, you’ll be able to reskin this page later using Themes.
- Click Add Page. Now you can select page information including title and description.
- Click Add Page and voila you have a new page and you are dropped into edit mode.
- You can add Blocks and get this page looking just right before hitting Exit Edit Mode and committing your changes.
4. Design Tools
Customize your theme or get a new one from the marketplace. Style content as you go. The Design button lets you select the Page Type and Theme that the page you are on will use.
- Every page in your site must have a Theme and Page Type defined.
- Page Types point to Template files in your Theme directory.
- Frequently Page Types are used to define the look of a page (ie: left sidebar, right sidebar)
- Sometimes Page Types are used to define the functionality of a page (ie: Product Page, Press Release). When you define Page Types this way, it’s easy to do things like get ALL of the Product Pages from across your entire site and put them in a single list.
- Your site can use multiple Themes. Once you change a theme on a page, all new pages created under this page will follow that type.
- If you want to change the Theme you’re using across your entire site, type “Themes” in intelligent Search and click Activate next to the Theme you like from that Dashboard > Themes page.
5. Reuse Elements
Page defaults and Stacks let you quickly make changes across your whole website. Stacks let you reuse a block or a combination of blocks in multiple places on your site.
How to Create a Stack :
- Simply type “Stacks” into intelligent search to get to the Stacks Dashboard page.
- Enter the New Stack name in the text box under Add Stack and click on Add button.
Add an Existing Stack to a Page :
- Just put the page in Edit Mode, mouse over a block area and click.
- You’ll get this add block interface.
- Select the stack you would like to use.
Manage a Stack :
- To update the contents of a stack put the page in edit mode and click on the stack, a popover menu will offer the option to Manage Stack Contents (if you have permissions to do so).
- An overlay with the Manage Stack options called “Editors contents” will open.
- Placing the stack in move mode will also open an overlay with the Manage Stack options called “Editors contents”.
- After you move a block or add a block, you will have the option to Approve Changes to your stack.
Source : http://concrete5.org