1. Press F12 while you are on a php page. It will ask for configuring a server
2. In Site Section, Enter a Site Name & Directory Path where your file is located. Keep your files in "/path/to/Ampps/www/your_directory" folder so your directory path becomes the same. Note: /path/to/Ampps/www is DocumentRoot of AMPPS Apache.
3. In Server Section -> Basic Tab , Enter Local Server Name, Connect using: "Local/Network", Server Folder : "/path/to/Ampps/www/your_directory", URL: "http://localhost/your_directory". In Advance Tab -> Select Server Model as "PHP MySQL"
4. You should be able to see an entry with your site name, keep it as it is(i.e only testing should be checked.)
5. Now if you have properly configured your browser you should be able to test your PHP files in select browser.
6. If you haven't configured browser, Go to "Edit -> Preferences -> Preview in Browser -> Click on Add Button and select your path/to/browser.exe(eg: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe)"
Note: Make sure you have turned on your Apache & MySQL Server to test your project/pages.