I see very little development in this product. Almost NO improvement since beta.
1) Help once closed can never again be accessed during that session, Clients should be able to click HELP at anytime
2) No way to delete items in a template, An entire theme can be great except for 1 or 2 areas and yet a simple delete is not an option.
3) Site MUSH... Maybe a language issue, but in ENGLISH "MUSH" is NOT a good thing it does not create pleasant thoughts, MUSH is garbage, crap, etc...
4) Developers need to work with users... A user (client) should be able to look at ANY site on the internet and then open sitemush and recreate this site with little or no assistance... Without this, sitemush will never compete...DO NOT LEAVE features or user interface decisions to the developers... listen to the clients!
We have been making many changes to the editor since beta stage but we have not yet added the changelog page for the same.
Regarding your queries :
1) Are you referring to the Assistant ? If yes you can enable it from the "Upper right" corner of the screen and there is "Enable Assistant" option.
2) For this you need to go to the editor for the page you want to change and select the area which you would like to delete. Once you select a property you will find a Delete icon (X) on the top bar of the editor. By clicking this you can delete the property. You can also delete a complete row or a column.
3) We will discuss this with our team, since SiteMush is re-brandable you can change the name from SiteMush admin panel -> Settings page. You can change the Brand name to the one you would like to use.
4) We will definitely work on this and make the User Experience more easy and intuitive. If you would like to suggest some changes you can open a ticket with us and our development team will work on them :
Are we using the same program?
I am on the site builder right now and there is NO access to help and no way to find it without leaving the page.
As for deleting anything, the X on the top of the edit bar closes the dialog box, that is all, I can not see any way of deleting items
I built my first website in 1996... so if I can not figure out your sitebuilder, then my clients will not either...
But seriously...Post a screenshot of how to delete items and also where to toggle the help...Thanks
So you repeated exactly what I wrote about the assistant ..You obviously do not understand that when a client is in the middle of working on something, they do not want to close it in order to get help and YES they will most likely close in before they may need it because they will see that is is in the way...
It needs to have a button to open when a needs it...Like on the top menu.....
As for the delete X... My screen shot clearly shows that it DOES NOT appear in Chrome.
As for firefox and IE they work fine
HOWEVER, this location for the X in NOT intuitive, the location makes NO sense as there are NO other tools at this location...
It seems that you people do not want to release a product that will grow and become anything useful... Stop arguing with me and instructing me as that was NOT the point of my post... If I even need instructions on how to access a feature or tool on your site builder, then you need to consider changing it... This goes equally for other clients that ask questions, make suggestions or seek help. If your license holders need help, then their clients that know very little will also need help...And needing help can (and usually does) result in a client going somewhere else.
Of 4 sitebuilders installed on my server, Site Mush is by far the most difficult and NOT the one with the most features.
But I do not hear any willingness to learn or evolve from your posts....
I understand now that there should be an option to toggle assistant from within the editor. We have noted this and will add the option to enable assistant from the editor itself.
Regarding the delete object option, from the screenshot you provided it seems you have selected the column (the 3 vertical dots) and if you select the object by clicking anywhere next to it. Once this is done the Delete object button will appear. I just tested in Chrome as well.
We will discuss about the location of delete object button and change it to somewhere more intuitive so that the users can locate it easily.
>> But I do not hear any willingness to learn or evolve from your posts....
My intention was not to argue but I was just not clear about what exactly you were referring to hence I provided guide on how it can be done for now.
I have passed the details to our development team on both the assistant and the delete object function so that we can make the required changes for both.
Thank you for your feedback and pointing towards the issues.
Thanks... Not trying to be difficult, but you understand that web hosts make about $5 from a client each month and if WE need help, then the customer needs help too, but worse, customers will get frustrated and quit and then move to something else...Like Wix and then we lose them...
The success of our customers is important to all us webhosts, if our customers have a good experience and can keep their sites online and updated, then we stay in business...
So I want the very best and easiest for the client... And lets face it, help files and videos are great, but MOST users do not use these resources, so we need to work around this.
Yes I definitely understand that each product should be easiest for the customers to user.
We are working on making the customer experience better and we are also working on making everything fit in the website editor itself so that the user does not have to leave the website editor at any time.