Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register  

You are here: Index > AMPPS > General Support > Topic : Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress.

Threaded Mode | Print  

Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress., ampps 3.7 php 7, wordpress 4.8 (4 Replies, Read 199 times)
patter
Group: Member
Post Group: Newbie
This is a new install today. I've been googling, it looks like the file I am missing is php-mysql. However, I have mysqli.so checked in the extensions and there is a mysqli file which says :

extension=mysqli.so

So it might not be missing so much as not found. How do I get this connected?
IP: --   

Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress.
patter
update

1. there is no php.ini file in either 7.0 or 7.1
2. Opening the ini files I do have goes through WINE, which I hope is not a red flag
3. my ini files are in 5.3, 5.5, 'efront', and travis, inside phpmyadmin

I found php-7.1.ini in /usr/local/ampps/conf and copied it to /usr/local/ampps/php-7.1/etc/php.ini

but this DID NOT solve my problem. I get the same wordpress error. I am out of ideas.

Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress.
Rishi_P
Group: AMPPS Team
Post Group: Working Member
Hi,

Try this:

Open AMPPS Panel --> PHP Settings --> Click on Restore Default Configuration.

patter
My default was php 5.5, and almost NONE of your bundled programs can run on it. I got a VERY long list of apps that said they couldn't work with 5.5. So I don't see how restoring my defaults is going to help, nevertheless....

1. It did not reset me to 5.5, but left me with 7.1, which I find surprising, BUT
2. I still have exactly the same error: Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress.

patter
p.s. - your support site https://www.softaculous.com/support/tickets.php is just coming up a white screen.

« Previous    Next »

Threaded Mode | Print  

Jump To :

Users viewing this topic
1 guests, 0 users.