I'm using AMPPS with a Drupal 7 installation. I tried this by 1) installing AMPPS, 2) installing Drupal 7 (manually, in the www folder) 3) turning on the PHP LDAP extension provided with AMPPS 4) attempting to install and enable the Drupal 7 LDAP module.
This error message is reported on the Drupal Modules page:
No LDAP Extension is loaded for PHP, so LDAP will not work properly. (Currently using LDAP Extension Loaded Failed)
Do you know of a way I can address this and get LDAP working with Drupal 7 using AMPPS?
I had already done that as part of what I described as step 3), in my support request.
However, I had also installed Apache and MySQL as services, before I turned on the LDAP extension. I deleted the services, then launched AMPPS as an Admin. Then tried to turn LDAP off, then back on, restarting Apache with each change. Now, when it starts, Apache gives this error message:
PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'E:/Ampps/php/ext/php_ldap.dll' - The specified module could not be found.
When I follow that path, there is a module named php_ldap.dll in the Ampps/php/ext directory -- I'm not sure why it's not working. Am wondering if I set a bit somewhere by installing the service ...? I may backup, reinstall Ampps, and rebuild the site -- but would prefer to try something else if you have any ideas.
I uninstalled Ampps, deleted remaining data, then reinstalled. The very first thing I did to this fresh install was attempt to turn on the LDAP extension (using the PHP -> Extensions button on the control panel). Then restarted Apache and got the same error message described above.
1) Install AMPPS (only tested on Win 7 Enterprise)
2) Use control panel to try to turn on PHP LDAP extension
3) Restart Apache
4) You see a message that the php_ldap.dll can't be found. (If you check, you'll find that the file is at the path described in the error message.)
Other extensions loaded just fine for me. The only issue I saw was with the LDAP extension.
Use the AMPPS control panel to change the version of PHP. For me, the problem went away when I changed to PHP version 5.2 (didn't try 5.4). (Control Panel -> PHP -> Change PHP Version)