Installing Softaculous in Direct Admin
The following guide will show you how to install Softaculous on DirectAdmin.
- A server with Direct Admin.
- If you have a firewall, then please allow access to all packages from *.softaculous.com
Note : Please allow access to the following domains to your firewall as these are the mirrors used to download the script packages.
- api.softaculous.com (IP : 184.108.40.206)
- s1.softaculous.com (IP : 220.127.116.11)
- s2.softaculous.com (IP : 18.104.22.168)
- s3.softaculous.com (IP : 22.214.171.124)
- s4.softaculous.com (IP : 126.96.36.199)
SSH to your server and execute the following commands:
wget -N http://files.softaculous.com/install.sh chmod 755 install.sh ./install.sh
The Installer will start showing the Installation Processes and when done will indicate the same. NOTE: Scripts will be downloaded during this process. The Download Activity will also be shown on the screen.
Now login to your Directadmin server and click on Softaculous Auto Installer link. The following screen will appear if the Softaculous is installed successfully.
Thats it the installation of Softaculous is completed!
The Ioncube loaders will be enabled by Softaculous itself for CentOS but if you are using any other OS then please follow these two steps to enable Ioncube:
- Download the required Ioncube file and rename the file to ioncube.so
- Place the file in the following directory
If you wish to finish the installation quickly and then download the script packages in background use this method.
Note: Before starting the installation make sure ionCube Loaders are enabled. The installer requires Ioncube to be enabled. Now SSH to your server and enter following commands:
wget -N http://files.softaculous.com/install.sh chmod 755 install.sh ./install.sh --quick
Using Proxy settings
If you want Softaculous to use proxy settings then you can simply pass the parameters and Softaculous will use the proxy setting provided by you.
wget -N http://files.softaculous.com/install.sh chmod 755 install.sh ./install.sh proxy proxy_ip=YOUR_IP:PORT proxy_auth=USERNAME:PASSWORD
Proxy Parameters :
- proxy_ip (Required) : Enter your Proxy server's IP and port.
- proxy_auth (optional) : Enter the proxy server's authentication details i.e. Username and Password
Some troubleshooting tips :
Unable to execute your request
If you get the error Unable to execute your request please execute the following command :
root> chmod -R 0755 /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/softaculous