Do you want to Resell Softaculous licenses from WHMCS ?
This guide will help you to setup WHMCS licensing module to resell Softaculous Licenses. Setting this up is very easy.
Note : This module supports reselling standalone Softaculous licenses as a separate product.
If you are looking to resell Softaculous licenses as an addon along with your VPS/Dedicated server products refer to the following guide.
Note : You will need Softaculous NOC account to use this hook, because the API can be used only by NOCs. You can register as a NOC partner here
Download and Upload
For WHMCS 7.2+
Download the Module here File:SoftlicenseAddon.zip.
For WHMCS version less than 7.2
For PHP version 5.6.x and 7.0.x File:Softlicense.zip
For PHP version 7.1.x, 7.2.x File:Softlicense php71.zip
For PHP version 5.3.x, 5.4.x and 5.5.x File:Softlicense php53.zip
If you are using WHMCS 5.x or lower please use the following file File:Softlicense whmcs5.zip
Unzip it and upload the files softaculous.php and noc_api.inc to the following path
Go to WHMCS admin panel -> Setup -> Products/Services. Create a new product.
- Fill in Product details like Name, Description, Product Group, etc
- Under Module Settings tab fill in the following details
Module Name : Softaculous
Softaculous Username : USERNAME of your NOC account
Softaculous Password : Password of your NOC account
Server Type : VPS/Dedicated choose which type of Softaculous license should be issued. If you would the user to choose the server type choose “Use Configurable Options” and assign the Configurable option which you will create in the next step.
Also choose when the product setup should be done i.e. after payment is received or after manually approving the order.
- Under Custom Fields tab create a custom field with the name “License IP” as below
Adding Configurable Option
NOTE : If want to setup two separate products (i.e. VPS and Dedicated) and don’t want to ask your users to choose the server type. You can skip this step.
- We need this option to ask the user if they want VPS or Dedicated server license.
- First go to WHMCS admin panel -> Setup -> Products/Services -> Configurable Options
- Now create a Group or edit the existing group (Make sure that you have selected your product while adding the group).
- Now click on the Add New Configurable Option button.
- You will get a form similar to the below image.
- Fill in the details :
- Option Name => Server Type
- Option 1 => Dedicated
- Option 2 => VPS
NOTE : The above values should be the same i.e. Server Type, Dedicated and VPS. If the values are not as per this guide the module might not work properly. You can set the pricing as you wish.
This module allows you to customize some variables in softaculous_mod_extra.php
$GLOBALS['softaculous_mod_conf']['billing_period'] = '';
By default the billing cycle is detected for the WHMCS order being created and the same is used for the Softaculous license period. If the detection fails the default value is 1M i.e. Monthly. However if you would like to overwrite the billing cycle you can define the above variable.
This variable allows you to choose the period to extend for Softaculous license when the WHMCS product service is CREATED and RENEWED. Default is 1M i.e. 1 month if you do not specify this variable. You can set the period to extend as per your desire
Possible values :
1M = 1 month
3M = 3 months
6M = 6 months
1Y = 1 year
2Y = 2 years
3Y = 3 years
Cancel Softaculous license when service is suspended
$GLOBALS['softaculous_mod_conf']['cancel_on_suspension'] = '';
By default the Softaculous license is not cancelled when a WHMCS service is suspended. However if you would like cancel the Softaculous license when WHMCS service is suspended you can set the above variable as 1.
Testing the Setup
Place an Order
You can test the setup by making a DUMMY Order and going to the Manage Orders page.
Run Module Create
Click on the Create button to run the create module function for the product.
That’s it !
You will get a success message if the module is created successfully.
You can login to Softaculous Client Center and verify that the license was issued with the correct details.
Similarly you can test the Suspend, Unsuspend, Terminate, View License commands.
- In case of Suspend the Auto Renewals of the license will be cancelled (if any).
- In case of Terminate the license will be cancelled and if the license was issued less than 7 days ago the transaction will be refunded.
- In case of View License you will be redirected to Softaculous Client Center.
- Users can also Edit the IP from the Product details page.
- Enter the New IP and click on Change IP button.
- The IP will be changed in the Softaculous records.
If you need any assistance then please contact Softaculous Support.