Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register  

You are here: Index > Pinguzo - Server and Website Monitoring > General Support > Topic : No notifications on Ping check

Threaded Mode | Print  

No notifications on Ping check (5 Replies, Read 1322 times)
moranhoresh
Group: Member
Post Group: Newbie
I have setup a ping check. Although through the Pinguzo website I can see when the ping is Ok and when it fails, I do not receive any message of failure or success through any of the notifications that i setup (email, telegram, pushover, etc..).
IP: --   

No notifications on Ping check
wolke
Group: NOC
Post Group: Elite Member
I don´t think you can have notifications on success. That would explode your mailbox :-)
If a check setup is new, it could take a bit until it is active and show stats. Besides that, pinguzo is in beta and could work or not. But I don´t recognized any big deals with around 30 server/websites/ping checks.

moranhoresh
What I meant by notifications on success, is when the server/ip recovers after a fall I don't receive any notification either.
So currently, my only option to view if the server/ip address is up or down is to refresh the webpage.

wolke
I´am not sure about this. Can´t remember that I ever got notification on success after fail. If there is a fail, someone should have a look.

wolke
If you get too much notifications on fail for let´s say a temporary problem, you could configure repeated tests with which you will get repeated notifications. That will stop sending you notifications if the problem no longer exist so you don´t need to care.
We use this for high load notifications which are nearly always only for a short period of time.

moranhoresh
I think you didn't understand me. The whole point of a Monitoring service in to get notified once a site is down.
In the Cheks section I pinged an ip address/website.
However, even though I have several options in the Notifications area (such as Telegram, Email etc.), I receive none once the website goes down.

« Previous    Next »

Threaded Mode | Print  

Jump To :

Users viewing this topic
1 guests, 0 users.