Install Older Versions of Scripts
To install an older version of a script
NOTE : Softaculous offers multiple versions only for a few scripts which maintain older versions as a separate branch and support them.
This tutorial will show you how to install an older version of a script in Softaculous. We will be taking an example of Joomla which is a popular CMS.
Login to Panel
- Go to your panel (e.g. cPanel's url will be https://domain.com:2083) and login with your details.
- There click on the Softaculous Icon or Link.
- The Softaculous Enduser Panel will be displayed.
Choose a Script
- On the left side you will find some categories of Scripts.
- Choose a script from it.
We are installing Joomla, which belongs to the category CMS.
The Script details will appear with various details like ratings, reviews, demo url etc.
Fill in the Installation Details
- Click on the Install Tab.
Choose the script version
- Choose the desired script version from the drop-down.
- Fill in the details like domain name , protocols,admin , admin password ,etc.
- Click on install and this should do the trick. Installation time may vary in accordance to size of the script and other factors, So please be patient.
- Click on the Links provided by Softaculous after the installation is over. This should redirect you directly to the Site page or the admin homepage.