The following guide will help you on how to install Softaculous on WAMP Server.
Note: Softaculous will be accessible only from localhost(127.0.0.1).
- A working WAMP Server i.e Apache, MySQL and PHP.
- Internet Connection.
- ionCube Loaders must be enabled. It can be downloaded from here.
- If you have firewall enabled, then please allow access to *.softaculous.com
Note : Please allow access to the following domains to your firewall as these are the mirrors used to download the script packages.
184.108.40.206 # api.softaculous.com
220.127.116.11 # s1.softaculous.com
18.104.22.168 # s2.softaculous.com
22.214.171.124 # s3.softaculous.com
126.96.36.199 # s4.softaculous.com
188.8.131.52 # s7.softaculous.com
Installing Softaculous in WAMP Server
- Download the Softaculous package from :
- Extract the package under WAMP Server’s www, generally C:/wamp/www/softaculous(You will have to create softaculous folder).
- Access http://localhost/softaculous/install.php
- Apache will be stopped to load the ionCube Loader if the ionCube loader is not already loaded
- Fill in the details like:
- AMP Path : Location of the WAMP Server.
- PHP Path : Path to PHP Binary e.g C:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.12/php.exe
- Scripts Path : Softaculous will download the scripts like WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, etc here.
- Private Folder : All the installation details, backups, data directory of few scripts will be stored here. It should not be web accessible.
- Document Root : Folder where scripts web directory will reside, generally C:/wamp/www
- MySQL Root Password : MySQL Root Password. WAMP Server’s default MySQL root password is (blank)
- Click on “Start Installation” to start the installation.
- In case of any error, you will have to submit the same form
- On success.
- Click the link which is displayed to access Softaculous, you can start installing scripts now.
- Softaculous installer will create an action in Windows Task Scheduler which will run the cron every 24 hours. This Softaculous Cron is to keep your Softaculous and Scripts updated, you can update your existing installations of WordPress, Joomla, etc scripts to latest version.
- Just in case, if the installer was not able to create the action in Task Scheduler, you will have to set it up manually from the command prompt:
schtasks /create /tn "Softaculous Cron" /tr "\"C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.5.12\php.exe\" \"C:\wamp\www\softaculous\cron.php\"" /sc daily /st 17:30
Note: Replace C:\wamp with correct WAMP Server path.