Note : At the moment this is possible for cPanel and Webuzo only.
Install a Script from Command Line (Only For cPanel and Webuzo)
Softaculous allows you to install a script from command line. Here is the guide:
- Use the following command to install the script :
php /path/to/softaculous/cli.php --install --cpuser=USER --cppass=PASS --soft=26 --softdirectory=test --admin_username=admin --admin_pass=pass
E.g. for cPanel :
/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/php /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/softaculous/cli.php --install --cpuser=USER --cppass=PASS --soft=26 --softdirectory=test --admin_username=admin --admin_pass=pass
- Thats it. You have installed WordPress on your server.
- In the above command the first parameter should be –install as this parameter will initiate the install function.
- –cpuser=USER. Here cpuser is the field name and USER is the value for that field.
- soft=26 – This is the script id. 26 is for WordPress, you can find the script id in /path/to/softaculous/enduser/scripts.php
- cpuser=USER – This is the cPanel username
- cppass=PASS – This is the cPanel password
- cpdomain=domain.com – OPTIONAL : This is the domain of the server. By default it will consider the same server.
- softdirectory=directory – OPTIONAL : This is the directory where you wish to install the script. By default it will be installed on the root domain.
- admin_username=admin – OPTIONAL : This is the username for the script’s admin user
- admin_pass=pass – OPTIONAL : This is the password for the script’s admin user
- site_name=Site_Name – OPTIONAL : This can be the Site Name for the script
- firstname.lastname@example.org – OPTIONAL : The installation details will be sent to the email provided here. Note : The email will be sent to the user by default and additionally to the email specified here.
NOTE: Please enclose your cpuser, cppass, admin_username, admin_pass in single quotes(‘) while passing in the CLI command above.
Similarly you can use any fields and the field name can be found in the install.xml of the script