Happy New Year from all of us at Softaculous !!
As we enter 2019, we would like to highlight some of the major changes that happened with Softaculous in 2018. It was a wonderful year at Softaculous and we are confident 2019 will be much bigger with several new features coming up in this year.
Major Changes in Softaculous in 2018
- Added 21 New Scripts: Some of the recent scripts we added include Hubzilla, IceHrm, WBCE CMS, Directus, Framadate, eLabFTW, Plikli CMS, Leafpub, Xibo, Atlantis CMS. Checkout the complete list here.
- 1307 Script Updates: With our commitment to keep our scripts library updated we released the updates for most of scripts on the same day when the script vendor released the update. Check out the complete list here.
- Added Staging option: This feature can be used to create a staging environment of your production website and test any changes you need. You can then Push these changes (files, database structure, database data) to your production website using the Push To Live option. You can refer to the Staging guide and Push to Live guide.
- Backup to Google Drive: You can now backup your website directly to your Google Drive account. You can refer to the Backup to Google Drive guide.
- WordPress Auto Upgrade Major/Minor branch: Users can now configure if they would like to auto upgrade their WordPress installations only to Minor versions or even upgrade to Major versions.
- WordPress Plugins and Themes Upgrade: Several improvements were made to the auto upgrade for WordPress Plugins and Themes which include checking for upgrades once every 24 hours.
- Added Quick Install option: Want to install scripts quickly ? This feature saves your time in configuring advanced options for a script and lets you install with minimal options and using default values for other options.
- Changed Password encryption to OpenSSL: Previously Softaculous used mcrypt for encrypting passwords which is Deprecated in PHP 7 hence we have moved to new password encryption method using OpenSSL. The existing passwords have been re-hashed.
- Support for PHP 7.1 and 7.2: With PHP community releasing new branches faster than ever, we have made changes in Softaculous to support all the latest versions of PHP. We also made structure changes in Softaculous to make sure Softaculous works fine when you upgrade the 3rd party PHP version.
- Better handling for Outdated Scripts: Softaculous now displays a notice on the script install page for scripts that have not been updated for more than 2 years (by the script vendor) so that the user knows that there has been no updates since two years for this script and make a wise decision if they want to install such script.
We would like to Thank all our clients for showing confidence in our products. We appreciate your business with us and assure you that we will deliver more features and enhancements in 2019
The Softaculous Team