Forgot the password for your WordPress blog ? This post will help you to reset your password.
1) Get the reset password link to your email address :
You need to know either the email address or the username and need to have access to your email address (you will receive the reset password link there).
- Go to your WordPress login screen
- Click on the Lost your Password link
- Enter the email address or your username and click on the Get New Password button.
- You will now receive an email with the link to reset your password.
- Enter the new password and click on the Reset Password button.
- That’s it you have reset the password for your blog’s account.
2) Don’t have access to the email associated to your account at the blog ?
You can reset the password from your WordPress database. You will require access to your database.
- Login to your control panel and go to the database manager. Generally you will have phpMyAdmin
- Now choose the database where you have WordPress installed. (If you are not sure check the database details from wp-config.php file of your installation)
- Go to the users table and look for the username for which you need to reset the password
- Now click on the Edit button corresponding to your username
- Enter the new password you want under the Value column next to user_pass field
- Choose MD5 from the dropdown under the Function column next to user_pass field
- Hit the Go button
- The password encryption will not look as the previous one because we chose MD5 and WordPress uses a different hashing method
- Don’t worry. Go to the login WordPress login screen and login with the new password. On successful login WordPress will convert the new password as per WordPress encryption hash.
- That’s it you have successfully reset the password for your account for your WordPress blog.