The Softaculous Team has released Softaculous 5.0.0
1) [Feature] : Added Quick Install option for scripts which will ask minimal install options and use the default values for the remaining options. This is added for a quick installation experience. Admin can set Quick Install option as the default install option from Softaculous Admin Panel -> Settings page.
2) [Feature] : Added option to backup installations to Google Drive. Google Drive backup location can be added from the add backup location page. Click here for Guide.
3) [Feature] : Endusers can now select what to backup while upgrading an installation from Softaculous Enduser Panel i.e. Full Backup, Backup Files, Backup Database, etc.
4) [Task] : Added a notice on the script install form for the scripts that are not updated for more than 2 years. This is to make sure that the user is aware before installing the script that the script has not been updated for long time. Admins can disable the outdated scripts from Softaculous Admin Panel -> Software page.
5) [Task] : Added support to detect the correct PHP version selected using Multi PHP options in Directadmin and ISPmanager.
6) [Task] : Allowed to use . (dot) in the data directory name for scripts that need a non web accessible data directory. This will let users make the data directory a hidden directory.
7) [Task] : Added “post_createdb” filter which can be used to execute custom code after a database is created while installing a script. Click here for Guide.
8) [Task] : Added “domains_list” filter which can be used to add/remove domains from the domains list generated by Softaculous. Click here for Guide.
9) [Task] : In case of some errors like invalid script id, invalid installation id, etc Softaculous used to redirect to home page for API calls as well. This is fixed and during API mode it will return the appropriate error message instead of redirecting to home page.
10) [Task] : When redirecting a user to the SitePad editor server it will check the language selected in Softaculous and by default that language will be selected in SitePad.
11) [Bug Fix] : In some script installations if some of the installation files did not have write permissions e.g. 0444 Softaculous was unable to restore the backup for such files. This is fixed now, Softaculous will make the file temporarily writable so that the restore utility can write to such files.
12) [Bug Fix] : Remote Import was not working for scripts that had data directory e.g. Moodle. This is fixed now.
13) [Bug Fix] : MySQL version requirement check was unable to determine the correct version when using Remote MySQL host. This is fixed now.
14) [Bug Fix] : Installation Backup on Dropbox was not working with Dropbox Business account. This is fixed now.
15) [Bug Fix] : When the Dropbox account space was full, the backup on dropbox did not report the correct error message. This is fixed now and Softaculous will report the appropriate error message.
16) [Bug Fix] : On servers using CloudLinux, if the backup directory was set to a custom folder from Softaculous Admin Panel, the CLI/automated backups for installations would not work. This is fixed now.
17) [Bug Fix] : When an installation was already updated manually, upgrading that installation from Softaculous Admin panel reported an error that the installation is already updated. This is fixed and Softaculous will now save the updated version in Softaculous records and display a success message that the installation is already updated instead of an error.
18) [Bug Fix] : In Softaculous Remote Admin panel, on List Users page if the username contained a . (dot), it was not possible to edit that user. This is fixed now.
19) [Bug Fix] : On servers using CageFS PHP Selector, when a script did not support higher PHP version, e.g. if a script did not support PHP 7.0 and the PHP version selected was higher than 7.0, Softaculous did not give an option to change the PHP version. This is fixed now and Softaculous will now ask the user if they want to change the PHP version lower than the maximum supported PHP version.
20) [Bug Fix] : On servers using CageFS PHP Selector, after changing the PHP version as per user confirmation the PHP path and the extensions list was not updated in Softaculous as per the newly selected PHP version. This is fixed now.
21) [Bug Fix] : WHMCS auto install module did not work for Plesk, when the same user had ordered two services on the same server. This is fixed now. You will need to update Softaculous and the auto install module as well. Download latest WHMCS module here.
22) [Bug Fix] : On Plesk Onyx servers Forwarded domains were also included in domains list in Softaculous. This is fixed and only Virtual Host domains will be listed in Softaculous as it is not possible to install scripts on Forwarded domains.
23) [Bug Fix] : The Table prefix was not saved in Softaculous records when the installation was Cloned or Imported in Softaculous. This is fixed now.
24) [Bug Fix] : The Tasklist page in Softaculous Enduser panel was not working when Softaculous was opened in cPanel’s Native UI. This is fixed now.
25) [Bug Fix] : On Debian servers running ISPConfig, the Softaculous conf file was not written correctly on some servers causing 403 Forbidden error when accessing Softaculous. This is fixed now.
26) [Bug Fix] : On CentOS Web Panel, the CWP API returned incorrect response when the file system was not supported by CWP e.g. XFS causing the space requirement check to fail while installing a script. Made changes in Softaculous to handle such response and skip the space requirement check for such cases.
27) [Bug Fix] : The Related Scripts section on the script overview page did not load properly in Chrome and Opera. This is fixed now.
28) [Bug Fix] : When Softaculous and SitePad both were installed on the same server, the html code to load the Softaculous Apps Category and SitePad Themes Category in cPanel which is added in the cPanel’s theme file was added multiple times due to a bug in Softaculous. This is fixed now and the upgrade will remove the duplicate entries as well.
29) [Bug Fix] : The disable SitePad option in Softaculous Reseller panel was not working. This is fixed now.
The Softaculous Team