Softaculous Team has launched 5.4.0 in the Stable branch.
Following is the list of changes :
1) [Feature] : Admins can now add custom plugins/themes in WordPress Sets management. Here is the guide.
2) [Feature] : Added support for Parent/Child relation for custom scripts. You can choose the parent while adding custom script from Softaculous admin panel -> Software -> Custom Script page.
3) [Feature] : Added support for No Authentication option for SMTP from Softaculous admin panel -> Settings -> Email page.
4) [Feature] : Added setting in Softaculous admin panel -> Settings page to disable Backup on Remote server protocols individually. You can now choose which protocol you would like to disable from FTP/FTPS/SFTP/Dropbox/Google Drive Backup protocols. Or disable all backup protocols.
5) [Improvement] : Auto Upgrade WordPress Plugins and Themes option (when selected by users for their installation) previously used to upgrade only active plugins and themes. It will now upgrade all plugins and themes, the active ones as well as inactive ones.
6) [Improvement] : While Restoring a backup, previously Softaculous used to overwrite the backup files/folders over the existing files/folders. We have now added a checkbox “Delete existing files/folders” on Restore page which when selected will delete existing files/folders and then untar the backup files.
7) [Improvement] : While searching plugins/themes (from wordpress.org) on Manage Sets page in admin as well as enduser panel, more details like logo, author, rating, link to wordpress.org plugin/theme page will be displayed.
8) [Improvement] : When “Sync installations list with Softaculous Records” setting was enabled from Softaculous admin panel previously it used to check if installation directory exists everyday via cron. If the directory does not exist, the installation was removed from Softaculous records. Now it will also check if there are installation files in the directory. If the directory exists but the installation files are not present it will be removed from Softaculous Records.
9) [Improvement] : Allowed underscore and hyphen in the database name as per the policy of the respective control panels.
10) [Bug Fix] : After creating Staging of an installation in docroot of a domain and then Pushing it to live, the permissions of the docroot directory of the live installation was set to 0755. This is fixed now.
11) [Bug Fix] : After adding UTF-8 characters in Staging installation the characters were not displayed correctly after pushing the installation to live. This is fixed now.
12) [Bug Fix] : In cPanel, Parked domains were not displayed in the domains dropdown while installing script. This bug was introduced in Softaculous 5.3.7. This is fixed now.
13) [Bug Fix] : In cPanel, when User Mod Dir option was enabled from Softaculous admin panel the user mod dir domain in the domains dropdown while installing script did not have the server IP. This bug was introduced in Softaculous 5.3.7. This is fixed now.
14) [Bug Fix] : WordPress installations made in public_html directory (i.e. domain root) having Wordfence plugin installed had some files created in root WordPress directory which was not included in Backup and Clone. This is fixed now and these files will be included in Backup and Clone.
15) [Bug Fix] : On cPanel servers with CloudLinux installed and user had selected “ALT” php binary from cPanel’s MultiPHP Manager. The extensions check in Softaculous was not working fine. This is fixed now.
16) [Bug Fix] : In ISPConfig, when “Sort Domains Alphabetically” option was selected the domains were not sorted. This is fixed now.
17) [Bug Fix] : In Plesk, when the control panel username was longer than 8 characters, the prefix for database name was not generated correctly in Softaculous. This is fixed now.
18) [Bug Fix] : In ISPConfig, installation via Softaculous API failed. This is fixed now.
19) [Bug Fix] : In ISPmanager, installing a script on IDN domain did not work. This is fixed now.
The next version will have new features and improvements.
The Softaculous Team