Forgot the password for your WordPress blog ? This post will help you to reset your password.
1) Get the reset password link to your email address :
You need to know either the email address or the username and need to have access to your email address (you will receive the reset password link there).
- Go to your WordPress login screen
- Click on the Lost your Password link
- Enter the email address or your username and click on the Get New Password button.
- You will now receive an email with the link to reset your password.
- Enter the new password and click on the Reset Password button.
- That’s it you have reset the password for your blog’s account.
2) Don’t have access to the email associated to your account at the blog ?
You can reset the password from your WordPress database. You will require access to your database.
- Login to your control panel and go to the database manager. Generally you will have phpMyAdmin
- Now choose the database where you have WordPress installed. (If you are not sure check the database details from wp-config.php file of your installation)
- Go to the users table and look for the username for which you need to reset the password
- Now click on the Edit button corresponding to your username
- Enter the new password you want under the Value column next to user_pass field
- Choose MD5 from the dropdown under the Function column next to user_pass field
- Hit the Go button
- The password encryption will not look as the previous one because we chose MD5 and WordPress uses a different hashing method
- Don’t worry. Go to the login WordPress login screen and login with the new password. On successful login WordPress will convert the new password as per WordPress encryption hash.
- That’s it you have successfully reset the password for your account for your WordPress blog.
Movable Type started as one of the industries first blogging platforms and has developed into an
industry leading publishing platform which has been used globally for more than 10
years. It’s easier than ever to publish and share information with Movable Type. Movable Type makes it simple to manage entire websites, start new blogs, and build an engaged community of readers and customers.
1. Create Unlimited Websites and Blogs :
- Powerful Dashboard. Generate new websites or blogs from a single screen. View a summary of website and blog activity in one glance.
- WYSIWYG Editor. Makes it easy to create great-looking pages and posts.
- Universal Template Set. Create and deploy blogs or standalone websites.
2. Customize Your Design :
- New Theme Mechanism. Apply a theme with a single click and then rebuild the blog/website to apply changes to published website.
- Template Based Output. Easily match your blog with your existing brand identity.
- Manage, archive and search media assets. The Movable Type asset manager makes it easy to upload media assets of all types – images, video, audio and more.
3. Manage Your Content with A Powerful CMS :
- User Dashboard. Manage websites or blogs you are authorized to manage.
- Revision History. See revisions for entries, pages, and templates.
- Custom Fields. Available for Website, Blog, Comment, Template, Asset, Entry, Page, Category, Folder, and User.
- Asset Manager. Easily manage files and media assets from a single screen.
4. Engage Readers and Build Community with Interactive Tools :
- Member Profiles. Allow members to create profiles to build connections.
- Simultaneous Registration and Commenting. Makes it easy for readers to interact.
- Local Authentication & OpenID Support. Powerful authentication options.
- Turn Visitors into Members. Choose to allow visitors to become members.
- Recommendations. Allow readers to recommend content and comments they like.
- Community Buzz. Show which comments and content have been recommended.
- Build a Vibrant Community Around Your Existing CMS or Website.
- TrackBack, on the platform that invented it. Easily manage and use TrackBacks.
5. Manage The Conversation with Easy-To-Use Tools :
- Member Registration and Authentication. Lower comment spam risk with membership.
- Email Verification. Simple email verification for comment authentication.
- Comment Control. Choose from three layers of comment control.
- Comment Reply from Within the Application. Manage comments from one page.
- Feedback Notifications. Be notified of comments or TrackBacks via RSS or email. audience.
6. Making Your Content Easier to Find :
- Built in RSS. Enable visitors to subscribe to your content feed in a single click.
- Tags, Tag Search and Tag Clouds. Create an unlimited number of tags.
- Search Result Feed Subscription. Create feeds based on any search term.
- Built-in Search. Place a built-in search bar directly on your blog.
- Localization and Internationalization. Make content accessible to an international audience.
7. Manage Authors and Permissions From a Single Screen :
- User Roles. Create pre-defined roles from collections of permissions.
- Delegation of Blog Management. Choose blog-specific user permission management.
- Disabling User Accounts. Disable user accounts or block a user’s login access.
- Administrator Control over Entry and Listing Screen Display Defaults.
- Activity Log. View detailed information about all activity in the system.
- Multiblog Aggregation. Planet-style aggregation or selective aggregation.
8. Superior Performance, Solid Spam Protection & Robust Architecture :
- Scalability. Movable Type can accommodate high volumes and large readerships.
- Rebuild Queue. The Movable Type asset manager makes it easy to upload media assets of all types – images, video, audio and more.
- TypePad AntiSpam. Built-in spam protection adapts to changing spam tactics.
9. Enjoy World-Class Customer Support :
- Priority Technical Support. Guaranteed response times from our world-class support team.
- Live Documentation. A continually updated manual with everything you need to know.
Get started with Movable Type by installing it with one click via Softaculous.
Source : http://movabletype.org/